You’ve had an abortion. You thought everything would be fine once it was over, but its not. Something will remind you of it or the events surrounding it and all you want to do is push it out of your mind as fast as you can. If this sounds like you, you might be dealing with after-abortion stress.
Can you relate to any of these symptoms or behaviors?
- I feel guilty or ashamed about my choice of abortion.
- I think if my friends knew about it, they would judge me for it.
- I frequently feel sad or depressed.
- I’m not working toward my life dreams and goals, I’m stuck.
- I keep repeating the same mistakes over and over, even though I know better.
- I’m often sick, miss appointments, or am not reliable.
- I feel angry when people talk about abortion.
- I want things to change, but just can’t make it happen.
- I feel anxious when I hear about someone’s pregnancy or new baby.
- I don’t feel I’m worthy to be in a good relationship.
- I can’t forgive myself.
- I think God won’t forgive me because of the abortion.
Birthline’s trained advocates are here for you to talk to and help you move forward and find healing. We can even help you find a support group in the area. You can call or email Birthline to set up an appointment: (970) 663-2671 or email@example.com. If you want to talk to someone right now, you can call our 24/7 number any time: 1-800-712-4357. We want to help. You can find freedom! Contact Birthline today and we can help you begin your journey of healing and hope.